Most people already have plans for how to celebrate the 4th of July, but you might have questions about what is open and what is not – just in case you need a last minute something. Many government buildings and services will be closed so that employees can celebrate the 4th with the rest of us. In fact, with Independence Day falling on a Thursday this year, some places will also be closed Friday.
These are some closings such as parking restrictions that you should be aware of if you are a Bethesda resident:
- Parking at garages, lots, curbside meters – Free.
- Department of Liquor Control retail stores – All stores open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Libraries – Closed.
- Recreation – Aquatics programs and facilities open. The Germantown Indoor Swim Center closes at 3 p.m. All other pools close at 6 p.m. All recreation centers, senior centers and administrative offices are closed.
- Montgomery Parks – Visit www.MontgomeryParks.org.
- Ride On – Operates on a Saturday schedule.
- Metrorail and Metrobus – Information available at www.wmata.com.
- TRiPS Commuter Store (Silver Spring) – Open from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store – Closed.
- County-Provided Refuse/Recycling Pickup – No County-provided collection services will occur on this day. After the holiday, all County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide and be one day later than normal with the last pickup on Saturday.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station – Facility closed.
- County Offices – Closed.
- State offices and courts – Closed.